Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Well I decided to keep this blog up cuz its the only one I have and i think nature is pre neat. I did some hiking and fishing this summer and actually remembered to take some pictures on my last adventure. My buddy Tyler Black and I hiked into the Crazy Mountains in search for some golden trout. Here are some pictures from that. It was probably the most intense backpacking trip I have done...but well worth it!

There were some cool caterpillars on the trail.


This is the first meadow on the trail to Cave Lake

Pretty view of stock pond


We camped here in eagle park which is the second meadow on the way to Cave Lake.

We couldnt find the trail but we found a cool mushroom!

Still looking for the trail we had to take a break to wet some flies.

Just a lil rainbow I caught.

My buddy Tyler Black and a 19" Golden Trout!!!
Look at the size of that trout! It was probably the biggest one he caught on a fly rod and only 4" away from state record!

Another cool caterpillar.

It rained on us for most of the trip. Here we sat out a shower under our rain fly.


View of the valley and meadows.

If you look close you can see a mountain goat.


There were lots of pretty flowers up there.

A flat spot in the seemingly endless expanse of steep scree.

Tyler hikin up the chilly Milly to the lake.

Some cool purple flowers.

There it is...Cave Lake

A baby golden out of Cave Lake.

Headed back out along Milly Creek.


A nice waterfall we came across on our way back.

It rained alot but the rainbows were incredible. This is one of the many we saw on our way.

Breakfast of champions

Another small bow on the way back.

There were so many caterpillars on the way back.


No comments:

Post a Comment